Gospel Girl

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Our Very Own Personal Power for Good or Evil

      Have you ever been around a group of girls or even guys that seems as though all they do is talk about others? It's like all they do with their day is find out all of the new scoop on everyone. Have you ever been the hot topic of discussion in one of those groups? I have felt myself being wrapped into groups like that before and it is so easy to get sucked in. I have also been in the seat where I'm the topic of conversation. What goes around comes around. It is not fun being on that side, but when I think about it...being on the other side should'nt be either. I always tend to look back at those moments and get so disgusted with myself. I will be the first to say that I am nowhere near perfection, so what gives me the right to capitalize on others mistakes or negative things in their lives?
     Here lately I have been praying that God will guard my mouth and the words that come out of it. Our tounges can be compared to a tiny computer chip that acesses the Internet, or the steering wheel of the car that maneuvers two tons of steel. These parts are small but control a lot at the same time. Our tongues are a very small portion of our body but yet oh-so-very powerful. James 3:9-10 states, "With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in God's likeness. Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers, this should not be." Just think about it...we have a lot of power in what we say to make an impact. Just know that this impact could be devastating to the Lord OR a praise to the Lord.
      I think we all want to strive to make what we say impacting in a positive way. This may come as more of a challenge to us, but it should be a challenge we are willing to take on! Do you want to shake someone's confidence, reputation, or even possibly their joy with your words, OR would you rather use them to build others up, point them to Jesus and praise God??? You have the CHOICE.

3 comments: