Gospel Girl

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Trusting the Lord with all of your Heart

     I have a job interview process coming up that would mean a lot to me if I was fortunate enough to receive it. It is not only a huge opportunity for me to be a role model on campus, but it allows me to show others that I strive to live for the Lord. There are a lot of factors going into this process but I am really trying to give it all to God. Trust is something that I think is difficult for numerous people. We all have had things happen to us that make us think "Why is God doing this to me?". We have also faced people that make us loose their trust that also affects our trust with others in our lives. It is easy to talk about trust, but it is much more difficult to totally give it all to God.
      The book of Daniel is filled with one of my favorite stories. It's the story on Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego. These three men were tested for their faith and trust in God. King Nebuchadnezzar solely depended on a false god and had his people follow him. Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego refused because they knew who the one true god was. The king found out that these men refused to worship his god so he commanded that they be sent to a fiery furnace. Daniel 3:22-23 states, "The king's command was so urgent and the furnace so hot that the flames of the fire killed the soldiers who took up Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, and these three men, firmly tied, fell into the blazing furnace." After noticing that the men weren't harmed, Nebuchadnezzar realized who was the all mighty God. Daniel 3:29 shows the truth when he says, "...For no other god can save in this way."
     Would you trust God with your life? It is easier said then done for sure but it is worth it. Our God is all knowing and all we have to do is give ourselves to him. He can handle our problems, worries, and fears much better than we even think we could. Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego didn't just talk about trusting, they showed obedience which risked their lives. Trusting him may simply mean not following the "cool" crowd at school. Your furnace may simply be walking into your school or even work place. We must be willing to talk the talk AND walk the walk for our God. Trust is a big deal but can be proved through obedience to Him. 
     I have decided a while back to give it all to God. I know that what is meant to happen in God's plan will happen. It may mean that I will not receive this job I am hoping for, but he knows what is best. I challenge you to give it all to God. Through that, God will show you things that you never knew were available. He can save you. The CHOICE is yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment